Re: Unusual MDF?

Mike Faithfull wrote:

I have heard that there is a waterproof variant of MDF although never knowingly seen it. Maybe this is what you saw?
Bob

IIRC there is a fire resistant version that looks like this...
--
Tony Sayer

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:21:19 +0100, "Mike Faithfull"

MDF or chipboard? The water "resistant" chipboard used in bathrooms looks like this.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

edge -

It sounds very much like waterproof MDF to me.
It has a green tint to the shavings and dust when you cut it and the stuff I have used has a green painted stripe on the edge.
If anyone is wondering I can confirm that it is waterproof and all but the thinnest strips have failed to warp after being left outside in a water filled bin for over 2 years!
Sean