Re: uk.d-i-y down the pan

Talking of pans, I am looking for a good heavy duty, non-stick, long handled, tiny pan.
My mum has one and it is perfect for 1 egg. I suppose they are omlette pans, but they may be a different name for this type, as it is so tiny. Any I have come across are cheap and nasty, and/or have a very short handle.
Any suggestions/ hints/ links gratefully received
thanks Suzanne

Sadly, searching for "15cm frying pan" just yields recipes calling for one...
Do Le Creuset make one?

Suz

Who cares if they do? Le Creuset == Le Crappy.

ITYM a "Saucier" (Sauce pan) plenty in the French supermarkets.
one here:
http://www.smallislandtrader.com/cookshop/stellar/lamina/splash.htm

DG

Safeway recently had apromotion where they were selling Bialetti non-stick cookware which included a small, heavy frying pan. TBH, I can't stand non-stick cookware and only buy stainless but my ypungest daughter asked for the Bialetti stuff for Christmas.
Since I usually have a large shopping bill from the local Safeway I was able to get the pans for her at the promo prices. I thought they were well made, and suitably heavy.
Our local store stil has the stand in store and although the promo is over they are currently selling the remaining stock. They also have a large range of Tefal pans which are heavy gauge and include a small pan.
Our best small heavy frying pan came from France, I bought it in L'Orient at Leclerc. It's a stainless steel omlette pan about 15cm diameter. Bit of a way to go for a pan though.
The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Steve Firth, and I thusly replied:

You still haven't sued me for the fucktrousers comment inserted into urbandictionary.com :-)
--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874

PLONK!
--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 19:28:27 GMT, Reverend Peter Parsnip wrote:

splosh
SPLOSH!
--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at /
The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Phil Kyle, and I thusly replied:

SPLISH!
--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874

loud mouthed losers that there are in this group. You know and we all know who you are.

Hello troll, you seem to have changed your name since you sent this same message to uk.adverts.computer, you seem to have again mistakenly set follow-ups to alt.peace as well. Please die soon of a nasty protracted illness, or in a freak yachting accident.

Yes - maybe look for blini pans? These are tiny frying pans. Ours is an extremely cheap and nasty one but nonetheless useful. There are longer handled versions.
Rod

I think this is exactly the name, thanks.

I have never seen any such intructions in any article or electronic communication.
--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)