Re: Screwfix Saturday delivery no longer free for =?iso-8859-1?b?ozUw?= orders - have to spend =?iso-8859-1?b?ozEwMA==?= to qualify now

>perhaps even allow me to reserve-and-collect Argos style then that'd do

>>for me as I appreciate cannot always have every item sat their waiting >>for me. > > That would be really handy if it worked. If however it's like halfords > then don't bother :-) 4 orders over a period of a couple of months > across two different stores. Turn up each time and they wander around > the shop looking for the item on the shelves before deciding they don't > have it all. Completely useless.

That happened to me the only time I tried it with PC World (I was desperate, it was Christmas Eve and I wanted to play with a new toy but needed an extra hard disk, OK?).

It even happened to me at Argos; the stock control for that item was screwed and they didn't have any.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Happened to me once in Argos. Reserved a basic tomtom satnav, drove to Ashford.

"Sorry, we don't have it - it was supposed to come in the delivery but they sent us a load of the much more expensive ones"

"That's fine, I'll take one of those"

"That'll be an extra 50 pounds please"

"No, you don't understand. Can I speak to the manager?"

As the queue built up behind me they gave me the expensive one for the same price in the end :-)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Should be a lot more of this.

I get really pissed off when suppliers f*ck up & I have to take the hit & sort it out.

Three times I've bought sinks in Wickes only to find the securing clips are missing, return round trip for me, can't really expect the customer to pay for my time. I now unpack them at the checkout to check.

SIL bought a set of taps at B&Q, cold tap leaked. She had to return it to B&Q at her expense. Had she paid a plumber to fit them, he would have charged for removal/refit.

Last week I supplied & fitted a set of basin taps from SF. Cold tap dripped badly. I had to return it, another wasted journey & wasted time.

Suppliers are always willing to replace the product, but they never want to cover the time & cost of returning a faulty product.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman