Re: Meter reader clocked me!

hid
I think most meter readings are done by an independent invoicing companies now'a'days and not by anyone who understands electrical installations. They would, more than likely, only look for signs of physical damage to the meter itself.

If that.
Their job is to read meters and I doubt they get any more for informing the elec company other than a bit of extra paperwork to do.
--
geoff

Andrew Barnes wrote:

Our meters are outside on side of house. To work on/replace meter sockets which tend to corrode after some 30+ years one finds out approximately when, monthly, the meter is read; this would give about a 20 day 'window of opportunity'! Our supplier has offered a 'Read the meter yourself and phone it in". Haven't tried it cos we are on a budget plan that averages out monthly payments over the year.
snip

My last meter reading, on an external meter, was done by me in response to a guy phoning me and asking me to do it. Can't remember whether it was gas or elec.
-- M Stewart Milton Keynes, UK www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk/oddimage.htm