Re: Hot Water

We have gas central heating/ water

> > Our hot water was absolutely 'BOILING' so I turned down the temp setting on > the side of the hot water tank from 70 degrees to 50 degrees. Previously I > thought this was only the 'back up electric immersion, but it has made a > difference > > All seems OK, although I often hear the boiler come on after a bath or even > a shower is run. Before it would come on at more random times > > Which do you think is the most economical way to run it > > Also with central heating, do you think it's better to make use of the > timer - ie no heat at night, but a greater amount required to warm back up > or keep the house at a more constant temperature 24/7?? > > Don't know why I'm thinking about this during this heat!!!!!!! > > Regards > > Paul > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system

Hope this helps

(very interesting many of the other questions/ answers are too).

I was 'flicking' (how do you flick when you are reading?) between this newsgroup and New Scientist and amazingly I was reading this very question.

I believe I originally received a link to the main lastword page from this group.

Rob

Reply to
rob

70C is too hot. Isn't that scalding. 50C is recommended.

I believe in not letting the house fall below a minimum temp e.g. 10C. This is easily achieved by using a programmable thermostat.

Reply to
BillR