Re: Heads up - Aldi "Swing Drill" £39.99

In article , Toby writes

Just a heads up on something that looks like it might just be good.. > >Aldi are doing a 18v "Swing Drill" on 11-10-09 (in my local anyway) that has >a head that can swing through 90 degrees - looks really useful for drilling >through joists for cables! > >Picture here >
g > >Link to offer >
Both worked fine for me.

Looks interesting. One point of note may be that it says, "Double bit holder (for fast transition from drilling to screwdriving)" and not chuck so I wonder if it only accepts drill bits with hex shanks?

Reply to
fred

Agreed, the end looks long but it can swing to the side too so it's more versatile. The video Toby posted shows it (the Ferm version) driving in screws in what looks like a 4" gap.

like it could come in handy but I've still to work out whether it needs hex shanked drills or not.

Reply to
fred