Re: gas burner for barbeque

Anyone know of a suitable burner for use under charcoal.

For lighting charcoal I use whatever gas torch I have nearest to hand. A quick blast of hand-held propane lights anything in a minute, then leave it for 20 minutes to burn through.

Or if you're in a hurry I use the gas welding set. Pure oxygen (gas, I'm not George Goble!) will burn charcoal to cookable grey in a couple of minutes.

Faffing around installing a burner beneath things sounds like a lot of effort.

Reply to
Andy Dingley