Re: Car Boot Lock - Update

I seriously doubt if those who design these things ever expect them to > go wrong.

This is probably true but what the designers design, the materials engineers specify and what actually gets built after the beancounters have hada look can be very different...

I guess if it was too easy to get open, there would be trouble about > that, ...

Well there ought to be some sort of manual release that is not overly easy to access from inside the car. That is not a popup button with a mushroom head but just a small hole to waggle a screwdriver through that is normally hidden behind some trim.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I dropped the back seats and pulled the boot trim off. I'm 6' tall, this did not help me in the boot area. Anyway, I was too stupid to see the manual release so I blasted everything with VD40. This did not work.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

So... about four thousand quid then?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Labour was £120. I have a very good garage. Not back street.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

12 quid an hour labour? You had this done 50 years ago?
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh that VD 40 again, I guess that made it come up in little warts then?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Ok

ER well then you simply have very EXPENSIVE garage.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I know I had trouble with a flat battery on an S-Max. The jump leads were in the 'boot'. The tailgate lock is electric only.

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Sunday 20 January 2013 15:08 Brian Gaff wrote in uk.d-i-y:

They do not call him Pounder for nothing.

I will not speculate what is on the receiving end though...

;->>>

Reply to
Tim Watts

I did it on porpoise.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder to you.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Gave it a good whaling first, did you?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I dropped the car off at 7.30 AM. My choice, the garage was open. I went back at 5PM, they were still working on it. I drove away at 5.30 PM. I can't say that they devoted the full 10 hours to my car; but I do know that they wanted it out of the garage. The £120 includes labour for the service, MOT preparation and taking the car for the MOT. It's grim up north.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Look at my last post. Then explain yours.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

An hours labour is generally £30-£45

Reply to