Re: Aldi's Part P(rescott) Special - £49.99

> Is anyone honestly going to say to themself, "Ooooh! New shower for

>> less than £50! I'm getting someone certified to fit it"? > > Remember kiddies, Mr Prescott doesn't want you to install your electric > shower with proper cable to the CU and proper equi bonding. > > Plug it into a 13A socket on the landing however... > > Owain >

Nah that will just blow the fuse - how boring! You need to make the following*...

(Don't do this, it is a very very bad and unsafe thing to do, it is posted merely for amusement purposes)

Take an 8 way extension lead plug it into a socket in the kitchen (but don't turn it on - safety first!) now make a cable with a 13A plug on each end plug one end into the 8 way extension plug the other end into a socket in your living room (but don't turn it on - safety first!) Now make another cable like the last one, plug one end into the 8 way extension and the other end into a socket upstairs (but don't turn it on - safety first!) Now make another, plug one end into the 8 way extension, and the other into another socket in the Kitchen (but don't turn it on - safety first!) Now connect 4 separate cables to the shower, and terminate them all in a 13A plug plug them all into the 8 way extension lead turn on all the sockets (kitchen, upstairs and living room, them you can use the shower!

*If you have three phase in the house, you will probably kill yourself or burn the house down faster than if you do not.

If you do this, then you are a mad fool who must be suicidal, and I take no responsibility for you!!

Reply to
Sparks

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:55:18 +0100, Owain had this to say:

If you do that, it's better to use spent matches. Live ones might be dangerous.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

No - poke the ends into Prescott - much more satisfactory

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Nobody uses matchsticks these days unless they're builoding the Eiffel Tower. As it were.

Would a gas lighter work?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Lit.

In the orifice he speaks from.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:41:43 +0100, Andy Hall had this to say:

Frank Erskine

...but it has got plush fit plumbing so it must be good :-)

Reply to
Peter Andrews