Range cooker - gap between units

Just had a dual-fuel range cooker installed, electric ovens/grill and gas hob. It's 900mm wide but the gap between the units is at least

950mm. The top of the hob is above the height of the worktops, which is granite and therefore non-combustible anyway. I asked the kitchen fitter why the gap was so big and he told me that his gas-safe person told him he needed at least a 25mm gap on either side, so that's what he worked to. Anyone know if this is true? I can't find anything in the installation manual except something suggesting the opening should be at least 910mm to permit the cooker to be moved in and out.
Reply to
Kevin

Kevin wibbled:

I'm planning on a RangeMaster 900 gas and specifically checked these details, 3 times.

AFAICS 910mm clearance was my understanding on both the bottom and wall units, for normal units that are 410mm or greater above the worktop. There's a larger clearance (75mm gap either side) if positioning between dresser style cupboards that run from the worktop to the ceiling. Just read the manual again.

I don't know if there is something overriding in the Gas Regs, but it would be unusual IME for a manufacturer's instructions to try to be looser than the Gas Regs - but more common to be tighter, in which case manufacturer wins.

In the end I have settled on a 25mm gap either side just to give me a bit of slack, but that was purely personal...

See if one of the regular GasSafe folk wishes to comment...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Clearance around a cooking appliance shall be in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.

If these are not available then there are general guidance dimensions which should be followed.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith