Radiator valve to radiator tail coupling

I'm about to remove a radiator and wasn't clear about how the radiator tails connected to the radiator valves. I found this excellent post from last year:

Reading this, it seems I have 2) or 3) [probably 2)!]. Now, I shouldn't have to remove the cup and cone when I remove the radiator, but I can imagine that the cup and cone might become damaged in the process and develop a leak when I re-hang the radiator. I'd like to have a few spares handy.
Could anyone suggest an on-line supplier of good quality cup and cones? I've tried the usual suppliers (Screwfix, BES, Plumbworld etc.) and they either don't stock them or I'm searching for the wrong thing!
Any pointers appeciated.
Lee
snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm (Lee Wright) wrote in message wrote:

Lee,
The cone part is inserted into the threaded hold in the radiator, the cup part is an integral part of the wheel gate or lock shield valve, you cant buy the cup and cone separately.
Unfortunately it is not necessarily true that a cup from one manufacturer will fit a cone from another...they are usually a matching pair.
I have never managed to damage either cup or cone, they seem to be fairly robust. But if I was unable to reuse one then replace both halves. Save the damaged and removed valve as you may be able to reuse the undamaged part elsewhere.
To remove the cone part from the radiator you will require an oversized allen key...sold as a radiator spanner and it will probably be stuck in boss white compund and done up very tight!
removing the rest of the gate valve can be problematic if the 15mm compression nut and olive attaching the valve to the pipe have been painted up: it can be difficult to slide down the nut to access the olive to saw through it to remove (they rarely seem to slide off!)
regards
Ian L.