Radiator problems

I have a radiator which is making a whistling noise - however when we tweak the knob / temperature control, it disappears.

What is the problem and how do you solve it?

Many thanks,

neeridge

Reply to
neeridge

Some thermostatic radiator valves just do this, unfortunately.

It can also arise if the valve is intended to have the flow in a specific direction (marked with an arrow on the chrome part of the valve) and it has been fitted the other way round.

These days, most can be fitted either way and there is a two-headed arrow to designate that.

So the short answers are to check the arrow and flow and if wrong, reverse the valve, or failing that to replace it.

You can work out flow direction by seeing which end of the radiator gets hotter first.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Change the valve then

Reply to