Questions on a leaking conservatory

I have a few questions on a leaking conservatory, with the relevant picture= s at:

Pictures "silicone sealed" and silicone_sealed_closeup" show the attempt so= meone made to seal the two polycarbonate panels together just using silicon= sealant. It leaks, even though it looks water tight. I have a feeling that= the water is being sucked underneath the sealant by capillary action becau= se the sealant is free to slide over the bottom surface. Would you say this= is a correct conclusion? How would you seal these two panels?

How do I remove the panel in the "Picture panel" picture? I can't remove me= tal component that fixes the panel in place, and i'm not sure if I'm suppos= ed to.

Thanks in advance,

Larry.

Reply to
blackhead

blackhead presented the following explanation :

That is a real botched job.

I don't think the two panels can be effectively sealed like that, because joint is effectively where the water drains to.

What is needed is I think a gutter or channel along and under where the two panels meet - then find a way to box the gutter in from below to prevent drafts.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield