question about worktop joint

Hi,

I am Diying my kitchen and now I need to do something with my worktop. I can cut worktop to put the hob and sink in. But after googling internet, I am not very confident with jointing two worktops.

Basically My kitchen is around 4m in lenght and I need to join a 3m worktop and a one meter worktop together (end to end joint I guess that is the name for it). I called some professionals but no one have time for this week. So my question is:

I am thinking to cut the holes for sink and hob and install everything this weekend, and just leave two worktops unjoint. I may fix the 3m worktop but keep the 1m worktop loose and later I will ask some professional in to joint this two.

Will my plan work? I just want to use my hob and sink this weekend and do not want to wait.

Many Thanks

Jerry

Reply to
DAXU

I'm no expert but as I understand it I doubt that will work as you would need to leave an overlap between the two ends where you want them joined as an installer would,I'd imagine,cut a part off the end of at least one piece of w/top to make a proper join . You say you want to use the hob and sink this weekend ....That means you will have services connected ( Gas/water ? ) so that will cause the installer a problem I would think .

I'd think it would be best if you get an installer just to do everything as he can line up the hob,sink and the join .If you do the hob and sink you might find that after he does the join the hob and sink don't end up exactly where you wanted them to be ,albeit by a small amount .

Reply to
Stuart B

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:00:02 +0100, Stuart B mused:

Although if the OP can get a perfectly clean and square cut on both ends then whoever does the joining of them shouldn't need to trim any off. The appliances and service connections will still get in the way though as the worktop will need to be turned over to do the joints.

Reply to
Lurch

He'll need the 2 pieces of worktop loose to do a proper joint.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

It may be simpler and cheaper to return/sell the worktops and buy some

4m worktops?
Reply to
nafuk