Question about certification of electrical works

I'm thinking of doing my own wiring as part of the extension work that's currently under way, I believe I'm competent (I've done similar stuff before and I'm a Chartered electrical engineer) and it will be completed before Jan/05. The building inspector will be inspecting (surprisingly ;-) ) the building work but will he/she be interested in the electrics? What are the rules about certification of the work? Do I need to get someone in to sign it off? if so, who? Is there anything else I should know?

Dave S

Reply to
Dave

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:21:32 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "Dave" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

If you're in England or Wales, and start the building work (and get the first inspection) before 1st Jan 2005, then no.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula