Query

What search term should I be using to find a *decorators blanking plug* for my CH system?

Decorators arrived unexpectedly yesterday and wanted two radiators off the walls. The TRVs seemed to be holding on the frost setting until

3.00am when the whole house resounded to a rapid 100Hz water hammer!

I had tried the 5 pence piece trick but they don't fit 20 year old Myson valves!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

1/2" blanking nut?
Reply to
Tim Lamb

The leaflet supplied with mine refers to the "manual commissioning cap"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah - the items that the installers throw away!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

!! It would be a long while before I thought of that:-)

Screwfix have 5 1/2" blank nuts at St. Albans.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That's not a nice way to describe their staff...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

with candle wax around it? funny old things water hammer. The flats where we have our studio suddenly started on which made the whole block sound like it was under attack from a very large hammer drill. Eventually traced to a valve in a shower room on the ground floor. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Not sure I'd trust an old TRV to be totally leak free.

I'd use a stop end which should screw into the output of the valve and give a seal.

Other way for just papering is to slacken the rad and hinge it down flat, supporting it on wood blocks etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Only three now. Interesting location. Screwfix, Toolsatan, Wickes, Homebase. All within the distance I used to be able to throw a cricket ball.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

OK Job done. The Mysons have yet to leak but they jam as well as anything else.

Reply to
Tim Lamb