Pushing their luck?

If they can discover computer graphics using Lego as a name for a histogram, they are hardly likely to miss a published application are they? In any case, the mark has to be distinctive and the Patent Office will refuse any that are too similar to an existing mark. That obviously did not happen.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In the EU, there are 34 different classes of goods and 11 different classes of services.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

So you haven't found the fleas yet? [Or, more accurately, the fleas haven't found you?]

Reply to
Ian Jackson

No fleas. The stuff we're using this year seems to work very well.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Burger King trades as Hungry Jack's in Australia:

"When Burger King moved to expand its operations into Australia, it found that its business name was already trademarked by a takeaway food shop in Adelaide.[1] As a result, Burger King provided the Australian franchisee, Jack Cowin, with a list of possible alternative names derived from pre- existing trademarks already registered by Burger King and its then corporate parent Pillsbury that could be used to name the Australian restaurants. Cowin selected the "Hungry Jack" brand name, one of Pillsbury's US pancake mixture products,"

Tony Bryer

Doesn't it have to be a backwards R as well, though I bet they have registered both forms.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

...as my sister found out shortly after jumping off the top of a bunk bed when we were kids!

Reply to
Mathew Newton

I bet they haven't registered "single prime R single prime" though.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog