protect carpets from workman

We need some of those plastic bag type boot covers that workman use when they work in peoples homes to protect the carpets and so they dont have to take their boots off. Have you idea from where to buy them please, we are north west London. Thanks.

Reply to
john burns

Something like this?

Andrew May

more useful, but I believe he was asking about these

last site I had to work on required their use, but they had to stretch so far to get over my size 14's that they didn't last long.

Reply to
Andy Burns

OP wants overshoe type things.

Reply to
John

You can buy them at £6.00 for 50 pairs from here:

are at item 9 on the page but check out how soon they can deliver.

Reply to
Bernadette

Don't know where to buy them, but my gym has boxes of them at the entrance to the swimming pool for parents etc. who don't want to remove shoes and socks. I've seen them at other places too. So, ask at a gym (with a pool) or any swimming pool for their source.

HTH,

Geoff.

Reply to
Geoff. Hayward

I mail-ordered some, from either Lakeland or Screwfix.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Mine came from Wickes, but I would expect any builder's merchant to have them. Mind you, plastic bags with string or gaffer tape around the ankles also work.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Nightjar

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reply to
Nightjar

If they are traipsing in and out, you might have a problem getting them to fit the plastic overshoes each time they come in. Busy workmen can be remarkably forgetful! You might be better off with the original suggestion.

We had a small extension built last year, and, once the walls rose, the only access for the builders was in the back door, and across the kitchen floor, so bought a length of carpet protector (don't know what type) from a carpet shop. It was thick, heavy-duty, ribbed plastic, with spikes on the underside (like the soles of cricket boots) to hold it on place. To help retain the dirt, we also laid some old carpet on top of it (which we vacuumed each evening).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Andy Dingley

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Dingley saying something like:

houseowners by making lead seem deadly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon