Prolly paging Arfa

I have a JVC Av-32WFP1EK TV which for some time now has been suffering from horizontal barrel distortion for the past couple of years. It has now suddenly changed to horizontal pincushion.

The vertical edge is distorted by 1"-2" and can sometimes be changed by giving it a clout on the side of the case.

I've opened it up to see if there are any obvious bad joints (note how I avoided the word "dry" there) or cards not correctly inserted, but can't see anything obvious

Any ideas?

Reply to
geoff

The fact that it changes when you thump it suggests there is a dry... er I mean cold solder joint.

Sometimes they look alright, the technique is to re solder all the usual suspects irrespective of how they look.

The usual suspects in this case would be round the east-west circuitry, that's not a shedism thats's what it is called.

Look for wound transformer-like components in the vicinity of the line output transformer and reflow all the joints. It's best to do this with the chassis horizontal.

Reply to
Graham.