Problem Wickes Water Based Gloss Paint

Since it came onto the market, we have always used Wickes Master Quick Drying Brilliant White, water based, gloss paint - until now to great success. However, last month we bought two different tins with different batch numbers. We have noticed serious discolouration from the brilliant white (when wet) to a grey/cream 24 hours later when it dries. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Wickes and the manufacturers are looking into it but we want to know if its a widespread/long term problem. Any other ideas for alternative paint - we have 17 doors in the hall/stairs/landing of our old Victorian house to paint within the next month and we find the water based paint has seriously less fumes than oil based?

B and Q and Dulux do water based brilliant white gloss (i.e. for wood) paint. It's probably a bit more expensive than the wickes stuff but should let you get the job done (Everwhite I think it was called).
HTH.
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:37:10 -0000, "L Reid"

difference - even goes on far better than Wickes' - first time we've ever bought Dulux - but now we realise price isn't everything. :-}