Problem screw

Well, using anything other than the correct 3.5mm screws would look odd.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

A suggestion a little while ago was to get a cheap or disused surface box and break the threaded inserts out.

Does anyone happen to know the typical size of screws used in the connectors of various junction box sizes? If any of these are M3.5 then they might be a good item to use as well, since thay are typically a less fiddly size. From memory I'd guess they're a coarser thread though.

Final tip is that some electrical screwdrivers or sets have a M3.5 tap on/in them and can be used to cut a new thread if there is enough metal left.

IanC

Reply to
Ian Clowes

Draper make a tap with a plastic handle for this - (like a short screwdriver) - very useful tool for a couple of quid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

"> Stop cross posting, Stevie !

Tell me the group the OP intended it for?

I do not look in any of these except dvd. diy looks appropriate

Reply to
Stevie Boy