Problem drilling into frame, when installing uPVC door restrictor

Hi, I'm trying to fix a door restrictor to a uPVC patio door. Attaching the part that goes into the door's 16mm 'Euro groove' is fine. But when I try to attach the other part to the doorframe (underside of top, near-ish to corner) I'm having problems: when I drill a pilot hole (for the special uPVC screws) I hit metal behind the uPVC.

I presume I'm hitting reinforcing metal inside the doorframe. Unfortunately I don't have much flexibility in being able to use a different position (further from corner).

Any suggestion on how to get round this gratefully received.

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Just drill the pilot hole straight through the metal and use self tapping screws to attach what you need. Brad

Reply to
BRAD

Thanks Brad but I suspect the metal will be too thick (3 or 4mm?) for a self-tapper. I guess I will have to tap the holes and use bolts. Steve

Reply to
Steve

Ah, that would make sense, I didn't realise how thick the metal frame was. Brad

Reply to
BRAD