Price of 60W incandescent bulb?

What, approximately, was the ordinary price of a 60 watt 240 volt pearl bay onet-fitting domestic incandescent-filament 1000-hour nominal life common-s hape light bulb, as found in almost all UK homes at the most recent turn of the century, when last normally readily available in UK shops? And how ma ny lumens should such a bulb give on the usual mains supply?

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

60W tungsten lamp gives out about 830 lumens.
Reply to
Andy Bartlett

Michael Chare

bayonet-fitting domestic incandescent-filament 1000-hour nominal life comm on-shape light bulb, as found in almost all UK homes at the most recent tur n of the century, when last normally readily available in UK shops? And ho w many lumens should such a bulb give on the usual mains supply?

Useful : 710 lm, in rough agreement with the view of Waitrose, *AFAIR*. Pa ge noted; thanks.

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

H'mmm ... possibly your supply voltage is at the higher end of the allowed range ... see ! Thanks.

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

Yes, the biggest annoyance are those strip lights with long supported filaments. They seem to be almost impossible to get now, So as I have two display cabinets that use them, I have basically put them in series so the golden light apparently suits the crystal in the cabinets and the bulbs never blow. They used to blow every couple of months when running flat out. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Needed a 5W BC CFL.

Looked on eBay.

£4.99 *each*!!! Jesus. I think I'll switch back to GLS bulbs.
Reply to
Huge

only £2.50 + vat (= £3) at TLC, but perhaps you were looking at dimmable one.

Reply to
charles

ayonet-fitting domestic incandescent-filament 1000-hour nominal life common

-shape light bulb, as found in almost all UK homes at the most recent turn of the century, when last normally readily available in UK shops?

They were 25p for quite a long time. You could also pay several times that and get bulbs of identical lifetime, reliability, etc. It always puzzled me why so many did.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

bayonet-fitting domestic incandescent-filament 1000-hour nominal life comm on-shape light bulb, as found in almost all UK homes at the most recent tur n of the century, when last normally readily available in UK shops?

t and get bulbs of identical lifetime, reliability, etc. It always puzzled me why so many did.

My bulk buy (well only about 50 or so) of Tesco bulbs before the "ban" are lasting an average of about 100 hours each. Some blew after a few hours.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson