Pre winter drive maintenance

Before the cold and nasty stuff comes I'm preparing the drive for winter.

The surface moss and other green fungal matter has been largely cleared off but as ever there are patches that I can't shift.

So, first question - does anyone have any recommendations for killing off moss/green matter at this time of the year and, ideally, which will help resist new growth.

Second question - any recommendations on suppliers of bagged cold lay tarmac to fill a few of the cup or saucer sized holes which will only get bigger once the ice gets into them.

Thanks!

Reply to
David P

I got some from Wickes that I laid, ran over with the car a few times, and it has stayed put on the drive for many years.

John

Reply to
JohnW

Car Stuck?

Reply to
Adrian C

I've not done this, but have good reason to believe it would work well. sprinkle a tiny amount of copper powder around the surface, then go over it with a blowtorch to bond it to the bitumen. End of moss and green slime for the next century.

any brand works. Wickes does it.

NT

Reply to
NT

Brand name please Tim - and did it work?

Thanks to all for the replies and also for the reassurances that I'm pretty much stuck with the moss/algae but that any cold lay tarmac is as good as another.

Reply to
David P

OK - but I could use it on the grass (aka lawns) next spring

buy it. I did find a useful RHS pdf though which I'll wander through at leisure.

Pah! Oz doesn't know how lucky *he* is

Reply to
David P