Power Shower Problem

I have a back syphon problem, My shower force pump is situated 2 feet below the hot water tank,overnight the water is syphoned back so the pump is dry, only on the hot side. After 30 second to a min it flows again. I have used a surrey flange and 22 mil pipe. Shower force recommend a side fitting flange resulting in cutting the tank to fit is this nesssary?

Reply to
ANdy

It shouldn't make any difference whether a Surrey or Essex flange is used.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The only scenario that I can think of here is that with a Surrey flange, if the feed pipe from roof tank to cylinder is too small, there could be a tendency for the water in the vent pipe to drop under the negative pressure of the pump and for air to be sucked in.

There must be a reason fo rthe pump going partly dry.

In that sense, an Essex flange could help, but it's the wrong reason.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I had a similar problem caused by air getting into loop from tank to pump in my last house. Not too sure how, as all correct flange, to prevent air ingress was fitted. Anyway I fitted a self venting valve in the loop (tank to pump) and problem went away.

Got a similar valve in my current house (+side flange on tank), gets some gas vented (not as much as previous house), but then pump is bigger and doesn't seem so bothered by air in pipes, seems to instantly blow it through if any is their in the first place.

Reply to
Ian Middleton