Potterton prima F60 and EP2002 controller - Pump never stops with HW on

Dear All,

With CH on only, the gas boiler and pump both turn off when set room temp is reached. With HW, the boiler shuts down when the set water temp is reached but the pump never turns off. Potterton eng says this is the pump overrun in operation, but would not explain further when I asked if this is only used for the hot water circuit. I thought this was over heat protection for both CH and HW circuits.

Since the pump shuts off properly with CH, perhaps this is a fault or bad setting at the controller? Any help appreciated!

Steve

Reply to
spwaite

Oops! Panic over. It was just the HW thermostat never reaching its set temp. Instead the water heater shuts down at its internal max temp, and leaves pump running forever passing water through the bypass. Well done that Potterton Engineer.

Steve

Reply to
spwaite