Potterton Netaheat Electronic Gas Valve

I have a Potterton Netaheat Electronic 10/16 gas boiler and the Gas Valve has broken. The part is obsolete (for 2 years) and i'm having problems getting hold of one.

Trouble is i'm in the process of selling the house so don't really want to spend the money on a new boiler so would rather patch up the existing one, if possible.

If done extensive searching on the Internet with no luck.

Any ideas where I could get hold of a secondhand Gas Valve or if its possible to refurbish/fix them?

Cheers

Reply to
decker

It took me all of 30 seconds to find this one

[cgi_ebay_co_uk] Create a buyers account and bid. If you don't win it use the save searches feature to send you an email when another comes up.

Reply to
Graham.

Domestic Heating POTT 8905371 GAS VALVE 25K491T-47 NETAHEAT 10/16 16/22 MK2 MK2F 392811 358946

Manufacturer's product number : 905371

have them in stock - but probably over £300.00.

You will have to have an account but any gas fitter should be able to get them for you.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Peter, This Gas Valve is for the Potterton Netaheat (NOT the Electronic), there is a difference i'm told. Thanks for the response, though.

Stuart

Reply to
decker

I have used the following people for gas valves in the past. They tend to work from manufacturers part numbers (e.g. Honeywell) rather than the boiler manufacturers part numbers. They seem to have quite a stock of original manufacturer parts.

Leagrave Heating Supplies

275, Dunstable Rd, Luton, Bedfordshire LU4 8BS

Tel: 01582 423939 Fax: 01582 425577

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

replying to decker, Hammer man wrote: Have the same problem Having a background as a car mechanic , thought the gas valve is a solenoid , A sticking car starter motor solenoid is often freeded of by hitting it with a hammer So armed with my hammer I clouted the surrounding pipe fitting , hurrah after a few stop starts afterwards it seems to be working again Only a short term fix I?m sure but may keep you warm for one evening , until a plumber can be found

Reply to
Hammer man

replying to decker, Hammer man wrote: Have the same problem Having a background as a car mechanic , thought the gas valve is a solenoid , A sticking car starter motor solenoid is often freeded of by hitting it with a hammer So armed with my hammer I clouted the surrounding pipe fitting , hurrah after a few stop starts afterwards it seems to be working again Only a short term fix I?m sure but may keep you warm for one evening , until a plumber can be found

Reply to
Hammer man

replying to Hammer man, Bob wrote: They've probably sorted it out in the ten years since this was posted.

Reply to
Bob