Please help me

I can't get my washer to drain, the spin and drain cycles are the same on mine and I was hoping someone had some input on what the problem could be.

Reply to
wacky_tobacco_smoker1

blocked outlet? pump gone?

Is the water coming out of the pipe which is affixed to the machine - if it is, is the water flooding the floor? - if so, there's a blockage in the plastic drainpipe.

If nothing or very little comes out when it should be, the pumps probably fecked

Reply to
Phil L

It happens that wacky_tobacco snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com formulated :

Remove the drain hose [1] from the pipe it usually sits in and lower it into a bowl placed on the floor - if the pipe is not blocked, that should at least allow the water out of the machine.

[1] This is the pipe with an inverted U shape at the end, usually coloured grey. The fact that the top of the U is high up is the only thing which prevents the water draining away. If no water comes out as it is lowered, either the pipe or the pump are blocked up.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

A foreign body (Sock, Bra-wire) could have been sucked / gotten into the pump and is stopping it from working. It's only an impeller driven by an induction motor so is unlikely to be fecked otherwise.

There's usually an access trap to clear it.

First point of call.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

The water outlet hole from the drum to the pipe that leads to the pump might be blocked. The filter on the pump, if there is one, could be blocked and need cleaning out. There could be a foreign body in the pump that is preventing the pump blades from rotating. The pump isn't working because the electric motor has failed. The water outlet hole from the pump to the grey outlet hose might be blocked. The grey outlet hose might be blocked. The drain that the grey outlet hose drains into might be blocked.

If there isn't a blockage then there might be an electrical fault, for example, a lose connection somewhere or a fault in the central timer control unit.

Make and model would be useful.

Reply to
DIY