Please could you vote for me..

I wondered if anyone could vote for me for a local radio "Runaway Bride" competition. I have got down to the last 4 brides and I need as many votes to get down to the last 2. If I get down to the last two I then have to get as far across the world on =A310. The prize is the honeymoon and I would love to win it for my other half.

Thanks for your help.

Allison O'Hare

Please vote here

oharea01

Spamming isn't the best way of winning a popularity competition.

I suggest we all vote for someone else, such as Kelly Dillon - a worthwhile member of society working as a teacher.

I wonder if we slashdot your spam we could *decimate* your chances completely :-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Yup, voted for Kelly Dillon!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Hehehehe it's working already, and it hasn't even been /dotted !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

+1
Reply to
Andy Burns

Very clever, Kelly, that first post signed Allison... :-)

Reply to
Rod

"Registrations are now closed". :(

Reply to
Si

Why, did you want to be a bride? :-)

At least voting was easy enough...

Reply to
Bob Eager

T&Cs I read said registration was necessary to vote. oh fsck knows where my head went... +1 for KD. Wonder if the Op will post the result for us here. ;-)

Reply to
Si

.. or Jane, who runs her own company.

Slashdot? What does that mean?

Reply to
Andy Hall

slashdot.com - it's a news site for geeks...

There's a well known "slashdot effect" where an article can be so popular it can take down someone elses' site by virtue of all the news-reading geeks following the link - an unintentional DDoS !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I wonder if spamming is against the T&Cs of the competition...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

My vote also went to KD.

mark

Reply to
mark

OK, so who got valentine's day spam from 2tenfm today? Thankfully I used a throw away address just for them.

Reply to
Andy Burns

:( Yep & yep :)

Reply to
Si

Kelly Didn't win, but then again neither did Allison

Andy Burns