plastic plumbing - a quick "pipe, inserts & fittings" query

In midst or reasonable sized extension of living accomodation including extensions to CH and H&C water.

Used 15mm Hep, 22mm Hep and some "toolstation" 22mm plastic (all barrier) - need some fittings to suit a few awkward connects from 22 to 15 (reducing tees) - they are avaiable in Speedfit but not Hep or Polyplumb -

QUESTION when joining 2 different makes of plastic pipe at a certain (possibly 3rd party brand) fitting - whose pipe inserts do you use - the pipe manufacturers? or the fitting manufacturers? or doesn't it matter? (and why please!)

thanks in advance

Jim

Reply to
jim

External diameters are the same so can be used with any manufacturer or even brass compression fittings.The internal dia. do vary slightly so you must match each pipes manufacturer with insert.

Reply to
edalerichard

Are you sure ?

QUESTION when joining 2 different makes of plastic pipe at a certain

Reply to
fictitiousemail

I have got loads of various reducing tees from Hepworth. Search their website.

is the only thing I hate about odd sized plastic joints. They are bloody expensive.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

i want reducing tees with two 15mm ports "in line" and a 22mm port at

90 degrees- couldn't see on Hep20's website - speedfit in screwfix catalogue appears to have 'em...

jim

Reply to
jim

In article , jim writes

Do 'em with compression fittings?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Use a brass Conex compression joint, not a push-fit. Use the inserts for the particular pipe it joints to.

You should not mix types of plastic pipes in an installation.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hi Jim

You need a Double End Reducing Tee

if the link works. There is no image for the 22x15 one on the Hep site I gave you earlier but is it there.

HTH

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

and the 'why' would be..........?

Reply to
jim
14 Dec, 23:54, "ARWadsworth"

nice one!! looking at it now

cheers jim

Reply to
jim

14 Dec, 23:54, "ARWadsworth"

PS anywhere online selling 'em?

Reply to
jim

Google the rest for yourself:-)

Hepworth Double End Reducing Tee

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I personally would not want to join JG speedfit to Hep or PolyPlumb using plastic connections. Hep and PolyPlumb are interchangable IMHO and there should be no problems connecting them togther using each others plastic connectors.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth