Plasterboard On Chimney Breast

Hi

I have an open fire, hole in the wall style with marble surround, and want to clad the chimney breast in 9.5mm plasterboard and attach with gripfill. I have had confirmation from laybond that gripfill is suitable for the task.

Do i have to use any particular plasterboard? i.e. fireproofed or similar? The chimney isnt lined.

Cheers

Reply to
EC