pipe freezing kits

Last time I did that was in the middle of winter chasing an ice plug and other general grot out of the oil feed to the boiler...

Having ones hands covered in kerosene for 8hrs is not good for your skin.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I never knew that. I realised the can would run out eventually but I thought it would last for a few jobs first. Is the jacket thrown away each time too?

I looked in the airing cupboard and there was a gate valve to isolate the hot water. Unfortunately it has rusted and cannot be turned because of the rust! However there was a drain c*ck so I could drain the tank, meaning I did not need to buy a freezing kit.

I ran into other problems though, the tap connector nuts were seized in place because of scale, so I've started another thread about that (please help!)

Thanks again, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen