Ping TMH. Another awning question

Because of the low wall height at the back of our house it's going to require extra bracketry to support the weight.

We've been quoted £300 for bespoke brackets by one company. Just wondering a) why bespoke? Surely our situation can't be that unusual, and b) given that it needs brackets, is this a fair price?

Any thoughts or manufacture recommendations gratefully received.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

This lot do various "standard" brackets as well as custom, do they have anything suitable? You seem to have to speak to them for prices

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'm not convinced that putting 5 fixings down the wall is any better than putting one at the top and a smaller one at the bottom.

It would be far better to put two fixings at the top into adjacent bricks.

It could still pull down some walls that look OK until they topple.

Reply to
dennis

Interesting link. I wonder how much they charge?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I used some 4 x 2 CLS timber bolted to the brick wall due to the oddity of the construction on our house. A simple sloping top to ensure rain flowed off. Worked for 10 years and still looked solid when we left.

Reply to
polygonum