(ping Geoff) Suprima not firing up (not lockout)

Suprima victim called up - boiler sounding as if it's trying to fire up but not lighting. Not locked out - reset button doesn't help. Later it was working again. I'm thinking HT cable?

Reply to
YAPH

In message , YAPH writes

Is it red?

Even if the HT lead is red, the boiler should still fire up and stay alight for the duration of the 13 sparks before the pcb ditches out. It should then try twice more to go through its sequence.

When you say "trying to fire up", what do you mean exactly

Reply to
geoff

I mean Suprima Victim[1] says it's making a ticking noise when it should be lighting but not getting to the running state. I haven't been around and poked around inside it[2] so I don't know if it's actually trying to light up (HT shorting to somewhere?), succeeding but not detecting flame, or what. And although I replaced the PCB (c/o you, 4 years ago) I don't recall (or have a photo showing) what colour EHT lead is.

[1] very MILF but not particularly techie [2] for either value of 'it' ;-)
Reply to
John Stumbles

If its sparking but not actually lighting the gas, I would more suspect the gas valve - remember the manual is wrong the voltage to the GV is only correct if the GV solenoid is open circuit (over 300Vdc - o/c,

220vdc - solenoid OK).
Reply to
geoff

220 - 300V *DC*?

Are they taking after Ideal, throwing rectified mains around?

Reply to
YAPH

DC

Reply to