Petrol in cans

It's surprising what you can fashion into a pouring funnel - opened out and rolled up cornflake box is my favourite.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Once at the side of the A64 I used a cold pizza.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Why not the box?

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

Heh. IIRC the filler was only barely above sill height. Maybe that's the reason for my current bout of back pain.

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

I worked in several filling stations for years. I wore gloves most of the time (cheap gardening type ones). And they gave us barrier cream, which was amazing the the late 60s/early 70s.

Only hand problem I've had was the trigger finger a couple of years ago!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Toppings inside or outside? Did you then eat it?

Reply to
Tim Streater

It was one we bought at a country fair and it came in a bag.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Arr, 'tis fiscal insemination.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Only if you overfill them, usually I put in exactly 20 litres which leaves maybe 0.25 - 0.5 litre headspace but I know I didn't do the exact fill last time as it was night time and I was in a rush.

I opened two of them earlier that had been sat in the (very warm) garage for a few weeks. One was agitated a bit and spurted maybe 5 pence worth of fuel, the other just blew out a bit of air and vapour.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Well, I think PAP's are wonderful. They make getting fuel a lot quicker. No waiting in a queue at the till.

Every PAP I have used gives you the option of paying at the pump or paying at the till. What's the problem?

Reply to
Rob

Agreed. The price is the same, the annoying part is when it runs out of paper and you have to go into the office to get a receipt, so destroying the advantage.

Reply to
Davey

In that case, no problem. But if there's no-one in the kiosk I won't use them.

I can see us going the way of France, where a few years ago I needed some fuel one evening and couldn't find anywhere that had anyone on site, and the machines wouldn't take my UK cards. I ended up buttonholing someone, using his card, and giving him the cash.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ