Pathetic

The 20 year old apprentice nearly shit himself because there was a mouse in the room.

Reply to
ARW

Have you been eating too much cheese then?

Reply to
Unbeliever

It's unclear that mice actually eat cheese. Then again, my now-deceased tortoiseshell cat could always be bribed with emmental.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The mouse is having going to have a feast of Kitkat and not cheese placed on the Little Nipper.

Who the hell is shit scared of a mouse?

"Adam, It's running it's running" and then he ran past me.

He's not very good with animals.

He was surprised that my cat can sleep on my bed and not shit on the bed.

He would not get out of the van when we were working with the race horses[1]

He will not go into a house with dogs.

He has never worked on the farms I have worked at. Cows and sheep will probably kill him.

[1] Three of them. One tries to bite you, one tries to kick you and the last one tries to mount you. I had to run into one of the three fields to fix the electric fence. As I climbed over the fence the other apprentice shouted "If it's the one that want's a shag then take one for the team and I'll put it in YouTube"
Reply to
ARW

Why, does he shit in his own bed?

I don't blame him. Horses and cows can be right nasty animals.

Be better sending it to You've Been Framed. They pay £150.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Like sheep they can get shirty if you surprise them when they have young.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Strangely sheep can be nasty too. I have been attacked a couple of times in the Pentlands (admittedly by rams 'protecting' their 'harems'). If you startle them (bikes don't make human noises so any noise they make the sheep just tend to filter out. Then suddenly they see you and are startled, before they work out you are a human (not the quickest witted of animals yer sheep) and they should be scared, they attack you.

Reply to
soup

Cows are not nasty.

Reply to
ARW

They've killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'll rephrase that and say that the effects of being squashed by one can be right nasty. They may not have malevolent personalities but they can be very inquisitive and they are rather heavy.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Sheep will gang up and mug you if they realise you've got chocolate.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Mice round here prefer marmalade.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What about the other half of that score?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

He was probably worried it would work cheaper and be more knowledgeable than he was. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Depends upon the breed. I would not worry too much about Herefords or Aberdeen Angus, unless they had young or there was a dog around. I would avoid Limousin or Charolais at any time. British breeds are generally much better acclimatised to human contact than continental breeds and dairy cattle are usually safer than beef cattle. Nevertheless, cows can and do kill people.

Reply to
Nightjar

I've not seen a detailed explanation but I would suspect the majority of injuries/deaths is due to falling over while running away from a herd. Cattle at the front can see and would normally swerve away. Cattle at the back keep going and trample unintentionally.

Animals protecting calves is rather different.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Broken down by various factors, dogs and calves are significant, but the biggest risk is being over 50

Reply to
Andy Burns

I thought there was a move to using apprentice sparks in place of lab mice these days since they are more plentiful, there is less chance of getting emotionally attached to them, and also there are something mice just won't do. ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

The trouble is that you don't know the population at risk. Most of the ramblers and other walkers I know are in the 60+ age-group. I appreciate that 20 year olds may be faster on their feet, but the real reason they may not feature in the statistics is that they may be down at the pub, rather than in the field with the cattle. :)

Reply to
GB

Not detailed but probably where the original artical was found.

whisky-dave