Party Wall Act - front garden wall

I am intending to build a brick wall about 3ft high alongside my drive. It will be wholly on my property but up to the boundary.

The neighbours driveway is a solid concrete slab and our side of the boundary is shingle.

At the furthest point from the public road the wall will be slightly over 1 metre from the front corner of their house.

As I read the Act I do not need to serve a notice.

explanatory booklet does however suggest that I do need to serve a notice.

this is not a question of semantics. The neighbours that side are a little strange and have not spoken to us since they caused damage to our property nearly 2 years ago. (All we did was ask them to discuss with us how to avoid further damage if they wanted to do the same again!)

Anyone got any knowledge of this situation?

This has also been posted to uk.legal.moderated

TIA for any replies

Reply to
Invisible Man