panel pins/nails

I am panelling my sons garage out with wickes t+g panelling. Any suggestions as to what nails to use. Someone said I need galvanised pins in case of rust. Thanks for any advice. Neil

Reply to
Neil

Galvanised is correct however this T&G is it the thin stuff? God help you if it is, that stuff bends/warps summat wicked in humid conditions.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Neil,

Galvanised panel pins are a must for this situation, T & G panelling perhaps not (unless you are creating some sort of special environment with a bit of heating).

If it's just a 'plain old garage' to be used perhaps as a workshop as well, then you would probably be better off lining it with WBP plywood.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

I'd use galvanised if I were you.

What about using the special galvanised 'clips' & nails that you can get - that way the nails will be hidden also & they don't cost a lot of money.

(Obviously the nails along the first and last length of t&g will be visible)

woodglass...

Reply to
woodglass