Painting walls. Help

I am decorating and have a problem with painted walls.

Paint is striping off like wallpaper in some areas .

Problem 1. Must I strip all this paint off or can I just paint over it ?

Problem 2. Where the paint is solid I now have a hard line between the paint and the plastered wall. Will "Base Coat" hide this line or do I have to feather it back possibly exposing more loose paint?

Any suggestions welcome

Reply to
Charles Holder

There don't seem to be many painters here lately. It would appear that the walls were not dry when your house was painted. I am presuming it is a relatively new house or the areas you are talking about were recently renovated?

In which case you should be alright to repaint it by now if you sand the steps out. You have to strip all the rotten painting off. If the steps (presumably in regions where the walls were dry when the cowboys painted it, doorways, windows etc.) won't sand easily, use filler and then sand it.

Best I can do you for. Good lick!

Reply to
Michael Mcneil