Painting question

Hi,

I have painted a few coats of paint on my bathroom ceiling. It's still a bit patchy in one corner. Is there a good reason why I should do a whole new coat or is it OK to paint just the corner again?

TIA.

Please yourself. If you still have the same can of paint and it has not changed colour due to contamination or something, it should be fine.

Don't hang onto old paint, it is likely to give on you.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

R explained on 09/09/2005 :

If the paint was well mixed before use and the previous coats were recent, then just paint the corner. If the rest was a less than perfect covering, then the corner then might have better cover than the rest. Try it and leave it for 24 hours - then see how it blends in.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I'm interested, just exactly what does this statement mean (No insult intended !)

Reply to
woodglass

If it still looks patchy after a "few" coats, I'd use an oil based paint on that patch. Sounds like it's super absorbent for some reason.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Do as you wish or as you see fit.....

...... within the parameter that the paint will still be the same shade or tone.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Thanks for the answers

R.

What paint did you use?

If you use something decent like Dulux Trade or Farrow and Ball, then there might be a problem with the ceiling. If it was B&Q value, then you could paint 10 coats and it'll still look rank.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I should have explained more. The ceiling was painted with Dulux kitchen and bathroom paint. The corner in question had to be replastered and hence had less coats. It looks fine now.

Cheers, R