Oven thermostat - always on?

Sometime ago our oven thermostat gave up the ghost. So a fun Friday morning (it really was) was spent replacing it.

SWMBO was very happy as now the bread came out brown instead of black etc. But recently the darned thing has started staying on, at very low temp, even if turned "off".

Any suggestions as to what this might be? I don't remember any trimming capabilities when I installed it and yes, it is clearly on. Occasionally the "I'm heating" light comes on and you can feel the slight heat in the oven when you open the door.

Thanks for any suggestions. Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D Smith

Should perhaps have added the almost-obvious - it's an electric oven with the common "expansion tube from back of oven, around the frame and to the control top and front".

Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D Smith

After university when I lived in digs, we had an electric cooker with rings on the hob. Wear in the control switches had the effect of not quite turning the hob rings off, so they ran at a very low level when rotated to the off position. Once we'd realised, we switched the thing off at the wall when not in use. I found the control switches were very cheap to replace, and I replaced them for the landlord, knocking the cost off the rent.

However, in the case of the oven, you presumably replaced the control switch as part of the thermostat?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Sadly yes, it's all one unit.

Paul DS

Reply to
Paul D Smith

Get your multimeter out, we can't tell you.

NT

Reply to
NT