Outdoor Christmas reindeer sought!

Hi all. I've googled endlessly and can't find what I'm looking for. I'm sure uk.d-i-y isn't the correct newsgroup for this query (however, it's the best I could think of), but as you seem like the kind of single-minded people who won't let the freezing weather stop you fixing up fun things on your roofs this Christmas, maybe you can help me find what I need. Which is:

A electrical rope light, modelled into the shape of a three-dimensional reindeer, 2-3ft long, maybe 2ft high, say 6" wide. Based on the hours I've spent looking at two-dimensional Christmas reindeer, I'd say the 3-d issue is the biggest challenge to locating what I'm looking for.

I know they exist because I need to replace the one we've had for a few years; with every passing year, a decreasing length of rope (ie, reindeer) illuminates. In a year or two Santa's sledge - the other part of my exciting, albeit modest, tableaux - will be magically pulling itself through the sky!

Thanks for any pointers.

Reply to
Spamfree!

Sorry - I should have added that I've come across the one at Index - which would be OK in emergency but I'm really looking for a 'flying', rather than 'standing-around-wondering-what-all-the-excitement's-about', Rudolph.

Reply to
Spamfree!

Index cat. no. 490-332 too big for you?

christmastime.uk.com do a slightly smaller one

Index cat. no. 490-331 is the complete Santa and reindeer thing

Reply to
Rob Morley

Freezing weather probably wouldn't but good taste probably would

Try here

I'm not sure about Christmas, but since we are getting near Halloween, how about this for a tableau for your front porch?

should have a similar effect on passers by to the santa sledge on the roof.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hi. Should have mentioned Index in the first place, shouldn't I!

No web site?

Regards.

Reply to
Spamfree!

Whoops, should have cut&pasted:

's a standing one though.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Tesco Extra were selling them a week ago; I dare say they still are.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Andy, don't encourage it!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Paper2002AD

Hi. I did (after transposing the 'p' and 'm' in the url!).

Was I supposed to see something to do with reindeer lights (which I didn't) or was it to take my mind of such tacky things (which it didn't).

Thanks.

Reply to
Spamfree!

"Spamfree!" wrote | A electrical rope light, modelled into the shape of a three- | dimensional reindeer, ... In a year or two Santa's sledge - | the other part of my exciting, albeit modest, tableaux - | will be magically pulling itself through the sky!

If you have QVC on Freeview or Satellite (or

keep a look out for their christmas lighting shows.

In a class of their own!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I think tesco's have issued a recall on them. it might have been on watchdog or some similar program.

Reply to
Peter D

Probably sold on to Makro....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

© Copyright 2004.

All parts of this Usenet posting are Copyright by the author. It may not be sold in any medium, including electronic, CD-ROM, or database, packaged with any commercial product, or published in print or electronic form without the explicit written permission of the author. The copyright of included material belongs to the original author.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Found these, might be a bit of a trip to fetch them (page 3)!!

Capitol