OT: Wilko are doing 32GB USB sticks at special offer price of £9

16GB were £7 and 8GB £5. They are all Integral brand, which I have already and it's fine (had it for several years). Be quick, because the shelf label says the offer expired 2 days ago on 26 August, but when I queried this at the Customer Service desk, she scanned one and it still came up at £9. She said the offer has probably been extended, but the shelf label expiry date hasn't been updated. The Spalding branch had several of each size and in different colours.

MM

Reply to
MM

Hardly that cheap. You can get a genuine Sandisk 32GB for £8.27.

James H

"Price: £8.27 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20."

I bought two from Wilko for £18 and took 'em home with me, so "free delivery" came as standard.

Even if I'd bought them from Amazon I still wouldn't have got above the £20 minimum.

I've since tested both (writing. reading) and they appear to function well and plenty fast enough. They also have LEDs!

MM

Reply to
MM

Are they rated at speed 10?

Reply to
therustyone

USB 2 or 3?

Reply to
David

What a piece of sh*it.

You can get a lot more at half price from ebuyer.com

Reply to
7

Expensive, £6..

dennis

I bought the pastel blue one and also the mauve one.

MM

Reply to
MM

No, you can't. I've just listed the 32GB USB 3.0 sticks and none is half price.

The most you can save over the Wilko price is £1.45 on the Kingston Data Traveller 101.

And delivery is only free on orders over £49.99, whereas with the WIlko products you can buy them and take them home there and then.

So your comparison sucks.

MM

Reply to
MM

I'm afraid thats one of the negative things about posting here You post something to genuinely think might help somebody and you can guarantee some smartarse will chip in.

It stops some people bothering.

Reply to
David Lang

Do USB 3s work OK on your Windows XP then?

Reply to
Big Les Wade

Of course they do. They're backward-compatible with 2.0. My external Elements 1TB and 2TB drives are also 3.0, but work fine on either XP or Windows 7.

Bit slower, maybe, but if I can copy a few files in a matter of seconds, who cares whether it takes 10 seconds or 15 seconds?

Not I, said the fox!

MM

Reply to
MM

got my xubuntu live cd = iso image install on one

need be I can get my pc set up from zero in 20 minutes incl. network

zero -- nuclear situation, having just had the wep key

something you would not be able to do with winshit

try an afternoon - a whole afternoon - multiple reboots etc etc etc

microsoft software is utter garbage

Reply to
commie death cult

The last windows install I did took less than 15 minutes and I didn't need to enter a WEP key as I used the WPS button on the router.

YMMV depending on your personal prejudices and computer.

IME all software is garbage and you just have to work with it.

Now go and play in a linux advocacy group.

Reply to
dennis