OT:Why shops continue to die ...

Kids are available at weekends and their feet don't magically stop growing during the term-time.

Reply to
Mark

I wonder why American trouser legs are in odd numbers of inches and in the UK they are in even numbers.

Reply to
DrTeeth

depends where in the UK. M&S sell 29", 31" & 33" inside legs - as do Debenhams. Possibly other places, too.

Reply to
charles

Levi jeans in the UK are sold in even leg lengths. Quintessentially American, are they not? But no idea if that is the same in the USA.

Having always been about halfway between leg lengths, it struck me many years ago, they could make around half their trousers in even lengths, and half in odd lengths. So more people would find some to fit even if they had to compromise a bit on style or colour.

Reply to
polygonum

Fortunately for me Primark do 34".

Reply to
stuart noble

That's weird, I've never seen any even leg lengths when I've been buying trousers - as it happens I need 29" so no problem.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

There's no point in buying during the holidays when they are getting close to needing the next size up. You hang on and try again in about four weeks unless the shoes are that wrecked that they absolutely have to have new ones immediately.

Kids also generally finish school at half past three or thereabouts - round here they range between 14:30 and 15:45 - the time gives a good clue as to which school has a high proportion of no-hopers who can't concentrate for long and which is a grammar school.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

None of the schools finish as early at 14:30. The infants at 15:00, juniors at 15:10 and the secondaries 15:35 IIRC. Dunno about the private schools.

Reply to
Mark

There's a school near here which has "challenging" pupils. They finish around 1700 (do homework after school).

Reply to
Bob Eager