OT Where to park?

Not as we know it Jim.....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

*grin*
Reply to
Huge

Just make sure your trolley is at the front. Great fun when they reverse into that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Thursday 17 October 2013 11:05 Dave Plowman (News) wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I had some numpty reverse into my car the other side of the driveway!

Seeing as he could hardly deny it (I was stationary and flashing my lights at him because I could see it coming!) he settled in cash for apaint job.

If he couldn't see a bloody big red car, what chance did a kid have? Not an old bloke either.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Is it technically a drink? Certainly not an enjoyable one IMHO...

Er.... Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Local Sainbury's has clearly marked walkways protected by bollards all across the car park - but the mother/baby slots are still next to the doors.

Reply to
bert

In message , Tim Watts writes

Many new hatchbacks seem to have very poor rear visibility. I was loaned a Civic R type the other day and could hardly see a thing.

Reply to
bert

Don't think I've come across any carpark that has that down the center of every double row of bays. Some have marked walkway areas along the road ways, like a bit of paint on the road is going to stop a car...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Locally, Tesco, Waitrose and Asda have one or more walkways protected by bollards or raised kerbs. Morrisons have a walkway with trees lining it, although they would not provide complete protection from encroaching cars. Sainsbury's has painted walkways. Lidl lets you fend for yourself among the traffic, but provides bollards to protect their trolley racks and the immediate area around the entrance.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Our local Morrisons does.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

For Transits.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I hope you let their tyres down.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Stick with it, then.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I can see any other comments paling into insignificance.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Can't strand all this railing against other motorists.

Reply to
bert

Are you going to take of-fence?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

+1. Or worse (cordless drill and flat tyres etc)
Reply to
ARW

3 kids? They are all 4x4s around here.
Reply to
ARW

That sounds quite familiar (not that our village had many busy roads to cross, well there was the A628 but there are very few houses at the other side of that)

And that is my biggest complaint about the gf. She still walks or drives her son to school (she needs the car if she is working mornings). FFS the lad has just turned 10. When challenged I was told that that is now the normal thing to do and that ALL parents still do that.

Was this the warning about strangers:-)?

ARW

It's become a very substantial thread now.

Reply to
Bob Eager