OT Where to park?

Not as expensive as the subserdised student union shop.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Not the one in Milton Keynes. The spaces there are standard Euro size.

Reply to
Huge

And this is my problem how, exactly?

Reply to
Huge

On Wednesday 16 October 2013 14:27 Huge wrote in uk.d-i-y:

It was your problem (or your mother's) when you were < 5 ish.

Now the ball is with another generation...

Reply to
Tim Watts

presumably he didn't drive a car?

Reply to
charles

One that my mother solved by teaching me how to behave in and around traffic.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

On Wednesday 16 October 2013 05:22 Nthkentman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

You are from Chatham and I claim my £5

LOL!

I have lived and worked for many in Chatham matey many moons ago.... and they're far worse down there FFS!

Reply to
Nthkentman

Wasn't with mine we never had a car, makes me wonder how we didn't stave to death.

Reply to
whisky-dave

On Wednesday 16 October 2013 15:48 Nightjar wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Yes - but that takes time and is not really a valid assumption for kids < some-small-age.

And supermarket car parks are full of morons/old biddies/other dangerous sods.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Why are motorbike bays always very close to the entrance? The average motorbike rider tends to be younger than the average car driver. And by nature reasonably fit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A woman probably do that, it would not make her a talented driver.

Reply to
ARW

So what? She should have thought of that before she popped it out.

Reply to
Huge

so what is to stop banging the body of the car next door.

Reply to
charles

Nor my local primary school assures me, can anyone do anything about wankers parking on yellow zig tags outside the school - this is by parents at drop off & pick up times FFS.

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

On Wednesday 16 October 2013 18:33 Jim K wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Our lollypop lady cuts their balls off, metaphorically. Gawd help anyone who does that here!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Didn't one of our political leaders state recently that councils should NOT use their traffic enforcement camera vehicles to obtain evidence for this type of illegal parking.

Around my way the "parent" campaigners have succeeded in getting 24/365

20mph speed limits and road humps around most of the schools.

If you go past most of them at school run time it's the same parents parked on crossings, double parked in the road, parked on pavements etc.

Reply to
alan

They're merely demonstrating the need...

Reply to
Adrian

John Smiths:-) I am not a lager drinker.

Reply to
ARW

(Snip a lot)

You would like the people who run the Three Counties Showground near the Malverns.

Their website states that they refuse to discriminate against the disabled - so they can pay the full whack to get in, just like anyone else.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

They do that outside the Co-op here. There is a carpark right next to it and I think in the 13 odd years we have lived here I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times there hasn't been spaces free in it... Lazy, inconsiderate gits.

A year or so back I did a FOE request to the local council about when traffic wardens had visited over the previous 12 months. They only visit when the single yellow lines are active (Easter to October ish) and then only a couple of days a month. So who enforces the double yellows? No one... The Police don't do it unless there is a serious obstruction and then only reluctantly.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice