OT Where to park?

I need to get some beer in before the England Poland football match.

Now the question. Should I park in the disabled bay, the low emmission bay or the mother and child bay?

Reply to
ARW

Avoid the second one if you've eaten a good curry.

A really talented driver would somehow manage to block all three.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

As you can't find one suitably labeled do what every other prat does: Park outside the door.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On Tuesday 15 October 2013 19:31 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Well, it's technically a parent and child bay - so borrow the sprog. Anyway, you need help to carry the beer :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Or take a parent ...

I've parked in "Parent & Child" bays when I used to take my Blue Badge holding 80+ year old father shopping and all the Blue Badge bays were taken.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Since you won't have drunk the beer yet, the low emmisions zone sounds fine ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Either of the latter two.

Reply to
Huge

*applause*
Reply to
Huge

match.

emmission

I have Adam down a lager drinker rather than Draught Bass. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Park in the bay nearest to where you want to go.

One of the smaller supermarkets local to me has converted around half the car park to mother and child very wide bays. The result is that the car park is often full and people are starting to shop elsewhere.

Reply to
alan

I need to get some beer in before the England Poland football match.

Now the question. Should I park in the disabled bay, the low emmission bay or the mother and child bay?

A real man would have got the bitch to get the beers in before and had it poured ready...

Pah ! Amateurs

Reply to
Nthkentman

Have you found a supermarket that sells decent beer then?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

When I take my two disabled people shopping I don't use the disabled bays because with wheelchairs we don't need them. I leave them for others.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

The ones with charging points for electric cars only.

Reply to
harryagain

On Wednesday 16 October 2013 05:22 Nthkentman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

You are from Chatham and I claim my £5

Reply to
Tim Watts

They only stand empty otherwise.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Invariably by tossers with no blue badge or no apparent disability and their mum's badge (or something).

The vilke bastards should have their Mercs, BMWs, Audis & 4x4 bling wagens moved to a distant corner of the car park and neatly stacked with a fork lift.

Reply to
Onetap

Good one Adam.

(1) Thing is: what can they do to you if you just ignore these priggish reservations?

(2) Never heard of "low emission bays" (WTF!!???), no sympathy whatsoever with "Mother and Child Bays" (awwwwwwwww!!!!), I'm sympathetic to the idea of blue badge bays --- but not when I see some of the "disabled" types getting out of their cars, or when I see people using what is clearly someone else's badge. (And up here in Northumberland they're allowed park free! WHY!!!???? Are they poorer than me? In their highly expensive "Motability" tax-payer-subsidised new cars? And WHY are they allowed to park on double yellows? A double-yellow is there for a reason -- which is to do with traffic movement, NOT pedestrian abilities!) etc etc etc

John

Reply to
Another John

You can't see many disabilities, even ones which severely affect mobility.

Which is naughtier than using a space without a badge at all - it's not only breaking the parking regs in exactly the same way, but can lead to withdrawal of the badge from the holder, who actually needs it.

Well, they don't have the same options to work that you do - and they don't have the option to walk or cycle that you do.

For which they forgo their higher-rate mobility allowance. Are you sayiing that you object to the severely disabled receiving mobility allowance?

Only in the same places as able-bodied people can legally park for loading and unloading purposes, albeit for a longer (but fixed) period.

Look, there's an easy solution. Get somebody to kneecap you badly enough that you have sufficient mobility problems to qualify for a blue badge, then you'll be happy, right?

Reply to
Adrian

Actually going to a shop? How quaint. Get clicking and get it delivered.

Better still, this is a D-I-Y group, so why have you not brewed your own already....

Philip

Reply to
philipuk