OT What is the UKs biggest town

Sheffield didn't get a cathedral until 1926, 33 years after it became a city in 1893.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

That'll make it difficult to get insurance now that it has been underpinned.

Reply to
Andrew May

Is the only thing my research has provided.

Reply to
ARW

:-)

I suspect insurance would have been even more difficult before it had been underpinned - with bloomin' great gaps up some of the columns, floor and walls sinking into the bog, etc.

Reply to
polygonum

I think they must, Leeds only has a Roman Catholic cathedral iirc and an Anglican lot just a parish church . The serial paedohile Jimmy Savile was processed through the cathedral after he conveniently snuffed it to evade justice.

Reply to
The Other Mike

...in probably the biggest bit of DIY ever.

The Other Mike

By Norman F Pierce. FRPS.

Reply to
polygonum

Not the only criterion. It can get a Royal Charter and thus become a city.

Reply to
Tim Streater