OT: Upon My Sole

After recent discussions about odd-shoes:

"Exeter shop thief steals rack of right-footed shoes

A rack of right-footed shoes has been stolen from outside a shop in Exeter.

The women's shoes and children's snow boots were taken from Shoe Zone on the Devon city's High Street.

Devon and Cornwall Police said the stolen footwear, which was worth about £300, would be little use to anyone.

It said the thief "probably did not realise they were not in pairs". A spokesman said: "As they are useless, we appeal for them to be returned to the store."

Shoe Zone said it was working with the police and declined to comment further."

eventually found and arrested, the thief will surely have to use the time-honoured phrase - "You've got me banged to rights!"

Reply to
polygonum

Or will Shoe Zone then use the remaining left shoes for their display

- so the thief returns in a week and gets the lefts to make up pairs?

Although shoplifting from Shoe Zone is a bit desperate, really.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Police are searching for Long John Silver

Reply to
Kenny

The thief will be hopping mad when he/she realises they're not pairs.

Reply to
Titus Aduxass

Must have been a daft thief not to realise that they weren't pairs. Pairs are normally a green colour and taste nice. Shoes on the other hand, (foot), aren't and don't.

Bill

Reply to
polygonum

I caught the tail end of a news report on the radio the other day. Apparently a large amount of coffee had been stolen, a police officer was reported as saying: 'I do not know how they sleep at night...'

.../True story/...

Reply to
Nitro®

In message , at 19:39:41 on Tue, 5 Feb

2013, polygonum remarked:

In other words they aren't "worth" £300, that's what they might have got if they were sold with the accompanying left foot.

In other news, police are looking for a thief with a wooden leg.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Burglar Wrong footed then.

Brian