OT Steelworkers

STEEL WORKERS CRISIS. In the words of Sajid Javid in his Commons speech the other day..."We plan to offer compensation ......(to the steel workers)......................... ... but this constitutes state aid, which must be approved by the European Commission. The approval process is underway but it is taking longer than anticipated, and longer than I would like. My department is working closely with the Commission to answer their concerns and impress upon them the imp ortance of prompt approval". As reported today....... Mr Javid has also been in negotiations with the commission on speeding up w ork to approve the UK's Energy Intensive Industries (EII) compensation sche me, which could benefit steelmakers. So to summarise.....the British government cannot help our steel workers wi thout the approval of the EU. And the benefits of membership are.......?

Reply to
harry

... only applicable to other members of the EU and not the UK?

:-)

Reply to
NY

How does paying ex steelworkers money become a subsidy to the steel industry? It doesn't sound true but harry's posts seldom do.

Now if they were offering subsidies so they kept their jobs..?

Reply to
dennis

My posts are always accurate. It's just you're too idle to check them out when you hear something you don't like.

Reply to
harry

ROTFLMAO!

And when we do check the out, as like as not they show the opposite to what you say they do, because you don't read them properly in the first place!

Reply to
Chris Hogg